11.22.2011

{pregnancy} brain

If you've ever been pregnant, you know that "pregnancy brain" is absolutely a real thing. 
{don't believe me? read this.}
In the last few days I have had a few too many "moments" that I hope are the result of my decreased brain power.
I forgot what my phone number was when I was booking an appointment. Totally forgot. I had to call them back about 15 minutes later when I finally remembered. The other day I got myself a bowl of cereal, and then turned around to find an identical, slightly more soggy, bowl on the other counter- oops. Multiple times a day a walk to go get something I need and by the time I get there {we live in an apartment, so it's usually about 5 steps} I have COMPLETELY forgotten what I needed- grrrrrr! Good thing Trey has started pointing to things he wants or he might be starving right now.
Besides being really, really ditzy, being pregnant makes me pretty emotional {that's the nice way of saying it. Some most days I feel like a crazy person!} Those who know me, know that I cry very {very, very, very} easily...when I'm NOT pregnant. I'll just say this, one morning I started crying while I was putting mascara on- that was the end of my make-up days. Don't feel bad for me, it's not that my days are filled with so much sadness that I am just spilling over constantly- it's things like, dirty floors, weird smells, having to call someone, or discovering we're out of mustard- completely irrational, I know, but don't tell me that or I will start crying.
It's all a little more bearable {for me, and for Brock} the second time around. When I can honestly say I know "it's just because I'm pregnant" {over, and over again}
And I'm not the only one....right?!

5 comments:

We Are Anderson said...

I hate pregnancy brain!!! Its the worst! I have the opposite problem from you. I laugh hysterically for no reason, and usually at inappropriate times. Laughter where your doubled over clutching your stomach and crying. It's embarrassing, pregnant people are known to cry, not laugh haha.

Julia said...

You are not alone at all! I know exactly what you mean!

Violet said...

haha! I am making Quinn read this when he gets home. He sometimes tells me "it's all in my head"?!!!! I know. haha

Stephanie Bengtson said...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! LOVE YOU BLOG AMY!! MISS YOU! ARE YOU GOING TO FIND OUT WHAT YOU ARE HAVING?? WE NEED TO SKYPE.

Nicole said...

Your blog it SO cute Amy! I was the EXACT same way when I was preggers. You're definitely not alone, and your hubby is not alone either. :)

We've just gotten over the sleepless nights and finally starting to feel sane again. Well almost, I found the ice cream in the fridge the other day. Best part, it wasn't me that put it there! :)