1.11.2012

what's for dinner?

3 little words I won't have to think {or hear} for the next 60 days.

I finished my latest meal plan today.
Since we've been back from Christmas I been "winging it" every night. I'm not good at this. I love plans and lists and being organized...sooo, I am so happy to have my little grid up on the fridge again!

I was trying to think of a way I could share it, because I am sure there are a lot of people who also love a good meal plan...but I don't think there is...sorry- haha!

So, I'll just share the steps to make your own! {it takes up a good chunk of time, but it is SO worth it!}

1. {depending on how many days you want to plan for} collect a list of recipes you want to make {I did my plan for 60 days, so I used 25 recipes- which will each be used twice. The rest of the days are filled with left-over nights} 

2. break down all the recipes into a big list of all the ingredients { I split my paper in half and list all the non-perishable items on one side}


3. fill in the grid or calender {I try to put recipes that have similar perishable items within a week or so of each other...things like, sour cream, and fresh veggies, and make sure you put the recipe source with it so you don't forget where it came from!}


4. make the shopping lists! {I put ALL the non-perishable items on one list for a Costco trip, and then make a list for every other Monday of the perishable things I'll need}


here's a few of the recipes I am using from online!
enjoy!
Lasagna Soup
Ranch House Crock-Pot Pork Chops
Monterey Chicken
Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups


5 comments:

Shayla said...

Wow Amy, I'm impressed! I need to do something like this!

M+Bpayne said...

I'm attempting this amy...you are my inspiration!! Thanks so much.

Amie said...

Oh AMYYYY the lasagna soup is now my favorite meal. You guys will be OBSESSED! I've made it twice, and plan to make it on Monday! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!

Ashley said...

Amy can I just say your amazing!! Just send me yours I'll copy it haha jks. I started doing one and still kind of do it but only weekly. We are too scattered to keep a system going....or I'm too scattered haha :)

Nicole Wendorff said...

Ok so i think you're awesome and inspiring. I just wantto know where you found the recipes you listed. . . :-)