1.09.2012

lights, camera, action!

A while ago I was watching the show "The Doctors", there was a Mom on who was angry because she felt like she had to give up on her dreams to raise her children. They had a psychologist on who said to her, "Right now you are the writer and director of your children's childhood. Are you producing a horror film or a romantic comedy?" I've been thinking about this a lot.

People always say life is short, which in some ways it is. Something I am already realizing is that my life as a mom of babies and little kids is very short. Some days {and nights} feel long, but with every milestone that Trey reaches, along with happiness, I feel a little bit sad that he is already growing up. I try hard everyday to remember to enjoy the moment that is happening NOW! That each day is one that we can't ever get back.

As I listened to this lady talk, I realized that I have so much control over Trey's day. I feed him, changes him, put him to sleep. I also choose what we do, where we go and what we see. But I think most importantly, I choose my attitude through it all.

I want my children to look back and a remember a childhood that was full of loving words and kindness. One of laughing and playing, learning and adventures. One where they felt safe and felt encouraged to be curious and free to pursue their talents and dreams. One where they knew and felt how important they are and how much their Mom loves them.

It is both exciting and daunting to know I am "the director"...which is why we take it one scene at a time.

{and while we're on the subject, here's a couple of my favorite quotes.} 
 To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon our Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day and as you deal with the challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them.” - Thomas S. Monson

 Parents, remember that now is your opportunity; you may feel yourself harassed as you struggle through the days with an unruly child, but you are living the happiest and the most golden years of your life. As you tuck them into their beds at night, please be kind to them. Let them hear a kind voice amid all the angry, vile voices that they will hear throughout life. Let there be an anchor to which these little ones can turn when all else fails. The Lord help you so to do
-Harold B. Lee


{here's some picture's of what Trey's been up to}

getting more teeth, this one makes 14!


hiding from me...can you find him in these two pictures?


climbing on EVERYTHING!
 getting taller

being cute!



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am really glad that you have a blog. Yours is one of my favorite to read.