1.23.2012

realizations

We had another whirlwind weekend.

We decided on Thursday night to go to Lethbridge for the weekend. I like "spur of the moment" trips. And this one was no exception.
We saw Brock's sister {who is due to have a baby ANY day} who we haven't seen since the summer, got to go to a Steed Family Party {always a great time} and got to hear Brock's cousin talk in church before he leaves for his mission {and to my surprise catch up with some friends who were in that ward!} and, one of the best parts, the roads we great! {I have some serious anxiety about winter driving}

The drive back and forth gets better each time we make it. It used to feel SO LONG, but now it's not quite so bad. I like having the time to think, and Brock and I have some of our best "life-planning" talks on long car rides.

Right now we are in a kind of limbo. With the possibilities of Medical and Dental schools floating around {in various locations} our five year month plan could go in a lot of different directions.

Either way we are going to be moving in the spring. This makes me sad. I love this city, and I love this apartment, and the thought of giving up either one puts a lump to my throat. The thought of having a baby in the midst of it all just makes me break right down into "the ugly cry"

But I also realize that for now, I can't do anything about any of it. And I am perfectly okay with sitting here enjoying my baby's hiccups and a big glass of chocolate milk.


3 comments:

Cole and Paige Barnett said...

With a little faith we know that it will always work out for the best. Almost like the Man upstairs knows what we need to help us most to grow:)

Kayla Ann said...

Amy you are AMAZING! I know how scary not knowing what is next can be... (My mission call is in the mail somewhere AHH!) but just think of it as a new adventure, and remember that Heavenly Father has a plan and it will all work out. I'm kinda talking to myself here haha I keep having to remind myself of this. Your the best!

missLaura said...

moving??? NOOOO!!!! I'm so sad, I love your little family. You guys are the BEST!