12.09.2011

a picture says a thousand words.

especially when that "picture" is your little baby squirming and swimming around on a fuzzy, black and white monitor.
I was so anxious for my ultrasound today. Anxious that I might pee my pants {I hate having to "fill my bladder"} Anxious that it was at 1pm and Brock had to be writing a final at 2pm {he made it, with 5 minutes to spare} and just plain anxious to find out what it was.
I have been telling everyone I felt like it was another boy. I have felt the exact same this time around, and I think when you just have one it's hard to imagine another baby could LOOK any different, let alone be another gender!
I picked Brock up from the school for this "study break" and we got there with plenty of time to spare. The three of us sat with the other 3 or 4 "moms-to-be" and waited, as Trey "oooo'd and awwww'd" at the Christmas decorations.
He was so good during the ultrasound. Just sat and watched while he ate "fishy crackers"
The tech did all the measuring. I love seeing that little heart pumping away! And it's so fun to see and feel the baby moving at the same time! She asked if we wanted to know the gender, we said yes, so she tried to find the right "angle" but this little baby was curled up nice and cozy. She had me "empty my bladder" {THANK YOU!} and said she would try again after that. After I was done the emptying process I proceeded to jump and wiggle and shake to try and get this baby to move around for us....please, please, please!
She started scanning again and said, "well you two will have your hands full, it looks like a GIRL!"
I think I may have responded, "WHAT!?" a little too loudly. Brock just smiled at me because he has been saying all along he thinks it's a girl.
She zoomed in a bit so I could see the "three lines" or "hamburger" {if you don't know this lingo, Google it."} I was/am totally shocked!
A girl...a daughter?!
I never {never, never, never} thought it would be. I think the part of me that wanted a girl got put on the "back-burner" because I was certain it was a boy. I am so So SO excited!
Of course they can never be 100% sure, which is why I came home and booked a 3D ultrasound for Wednesday- if "she" was hiding a "little something" down there they'll find it.
And for now, I'm happy I don't have to stop calling Trey my best boy :)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

A girl! That will be so lovely! Congratulations!

Nicole Wendorff said...

Yay!!! I remember well when we found out Hallie was a girl. I was so certain she was a boy too but then when I heard it was a girl, it just felt right :) They're so fun! Enjoy every bit!!!!

Cathy said...

Exciting! Now you have all that fun baby shopping to do again! Baby girl stuff is so cute, if you want some company, I'm in!

Jen and Josh Payne said...

Awwe congrats you guys! That is so exciting!!! She's gonna be so cute!

Nikki said...

YEAH! I love my girl, but I am sure I would love my boy too. I totally agree though I am convinced I won't have any boys now because I can't imagine anything but a girl cause that is all I see everyday. Now for your third you shouldn't find out because you will have everything boy and everything girl!

Cole and Paige Barnett said...

So excited for you guys!

Kayla Ann said...

Congrats Amy, Brock & Trey!!! so excited for all of you!!! This is so exciting!!