3.22.2013

race day birthday

I turned 25 earlier this month. It was such a perfect day. Back in the fall I signed up to run in another half marathon. I had been looking for one on a Saturday, so when I found one, in lethbridge, on my birthday...meant to be! I was excited to do something I love so much on my birthday. After the race I did in September I began training hard. Claire was 6 months old so I felt like I could push my body more. I wanted to get back to the time I could run a half when I was in high school. I do all my running outside, and I also knew having a race to train for would keep me motivated in the snowy weather, but I was so surprised by how much I loved it. Saskatoon is so beautiful, running across the bridges and seeing the beautiful frozen river, or the fluffy snowflakes falling at dusk, I am always overwhelmed by the simple beauty of nature when I finish a run.
The day for the "hypothermic half" arrived and lethbridge was +14! About 30 degrees different than what I've been running in, and I LOVED it! I honestly felt 100lbs lighter running in just a t shirt and cropped pants, it was the best birthday gift!


"It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure." - Mary Kay Ash
Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right." - Henry Ford






No comments: