If you know my husband it's no surprise that my little boy LOVES to eat! I am not exaggerating when I say he has yet to refuse anything we put in his mouth, it's so so so nice, but also so so so exhausting, I am constantly trying to find new ways to expand his menu but it's fun to watch his reaction to each dish I cook up!
I have become a little bit crazy with the home-made baby food...I love it! It is way cheaper (we need that!) and, to me anyways (I'm sure Trey could care less) more appetizing, I felt bad once when I was trying to feed Trey some canned 'chicken veggie' thing that made me gag! Plus I like knowing exactly when and when his food was made...I warned you I was passionate about this!
There are TONS of awesome recipes on http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ that I have used and, based on what Trey seems to like we've created a few favorites of our own! Blend and ENJOY (warning!-these are all measured for BULK production! I bought the NINJA blender- love it! and "Baby Cubes" is what I use for storage- They are AMAZING- the lids are attatched...GENIUS!)
- 1 cup organic plain yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 peaches- cut in cubes
- 10-15 carrotts (depending on size) boiled or baked to soften
"veggies and meat"
- 1 pound cooked meat ( I've used beef, turkey and chicken)
- 2 BIG sweet potatoes (bake for 2 hours in tin foil)
- 1 "bunch" asparagas (bake for 45 mins on cookies sheet)
- 3 cups of peas (baked or boiled to soften)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
* bring everything to a boil then simmer until water is absorbed, then blend!
If anyone has other recipes that babies have liked please please please share!!
happy blending :)