6.08.2011

a good day

At 8:15am {almost} everyday, Trey and I drive Brock to school. And everyday without fail at 8:27, on the way home I see the same old man walking down the sidewalk; sunglasses, grey backpack and a comb-over.
 Seeing this man has become a part of my morning routine and this past week or so I have seriously contemplated stopping and talking to him. It might be weird though {and not in a-"I'm Amy and I like the smell of onions." "Really? That's weird.-way. more like a- "I'm Amy and I'm a creepy stalker."-way}.
 Wondering where this man is heading every morning has made me think more about where everyone is heading everyday day...?
 Sometimes I forget that other people are living out their lives, not to sound vain, but you know how it is; you get so wrapped up in everything going on in your bubble you forget that other people are dealing with things threating to burst their little bubble.
You know that song that says "everybody's got a story that could break your heart..." {Amanda Marshall-Everybody's got a story} I'm not saying this is my favorite song or anything, but that line kind of haunts me in a way. I know I am so blessed! I have a loving family, an amazing, hardworking husband, and a healthy baby boy. We have a place to live, a car to drive and food in the fridge. We have SO much compared to some others. Another song line I think about is "...in the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see..." from hymn 220. I think about all the people I know- and don't know- who are going through such difficult things and can make it seem on the outside that "everything is fine." We just really never know- which, I guess is why we are taught to love and forgive EVERYONE.
I have really been trying harder lately to recognize chances I have to make someone's day just a little bit better, I love the quote, "you can't do everything for everyone, but you can do something for someone!"- so true!
 I like to think about what my city, or country, or- I'll even go all "Miss America"- and say world, would be like if everyone gave everyone else the 'benefit of the doubt' and treated eachother as the children of God that we are?...Heaven maybe?
I know I am learning more and more about the chance that I {and every person} has to truly make the world a better place by the way we act and treat others each day...
so on that note, have a great day! 
{this makes my day}

2 comments:

missLaura said...

You are so wonderful Amy. I love hearing what you are thinking about!

Lindsay said...

and a great note to leave us on Amy! Check out this little video clip - you will love, love, love it. The last line is the best surprise of all! (let me know if the link doesn't work)

YouTube - Amy Krouse Rosenthal's Thought Bubble: Kindness
16 Apr 2010 ... We teamed up with New York Times best-selling author Amy ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_OZUaQondo