1.06.2015

new year!

I have mixed feelings about January, I don't like the cold, -40°C is just a tad too chilly for me, but I love new beginnings and changes, and the start of a new year is so exciting! We had such a wonderful 2014 it's hard to believe it's already over! We've learned a lot and it's been so fun watching our children grow – it's crazy to think how much can change in just 12 short months! With a new year comes New Year's resolutions, which are not particularly for me. I am more of an ongoing monthly, weekly, and daily goal person. We do, however, set yearly family goals and plans, and come up with a family theme for the year. This year the theme we have decided on comes from the hymn "have I done any good in the world today?" The part we have chosen is where it says, "doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love."

 We decided on this because in this busy (busy busy busy) season of life that we are in we felt like it was important for us to remember how much of a blessing it is to serve. And this is also something that is so important to us to teach our children, we want them to learn and feel the joy that comes from serving others! I'm excited for the things we have planned for this year, as our children are getting older it's getting so fun to plan things with them and feel of their excitement, even if it's just a trip to Costco :)

Also, this baby is almost one year old! That's all I can say about it for now because I start to cry when I talk about it!

No comments: