3.30.2014

friday night date

by the time friday rolls around, we are all ready to spend some time with our daddy! I'd been telling trey and claire that when daddy was home from school we were going to the ice cream grocery store, a.k.a. Costco! we needed groceries and they needed out of the house, so we were all excited for an outing!
well, brock's class went long, it was snowy and cold again, so we had to get all bundled, claire was crying because we forgot her blanket, and trey fell asleep on the way there. once we were all in the store, i just wanted to go back home. we got our groceries and i was ready to abandon my promise of ice cream, but decided to try and salvage the trip. as we were sitting there with our treats a man came up to us and said "got the whole ball team out tonight?" i said, "yep. friday night date!" he smiled at trey and claire and then brigham and said, "oh, those sure are special times." his voice was full of so much emotion and sincerity, i looked at my little family and felt my heart swell. i was so grateful to this man, he made me re-evaluate the "scene" i felt we were creating. i didn't care anymore that trey and claire were covered in ice cream, or how loud they were being. they were having fun, and we decided to just sit back and love the fact that we all got to be together.

sometimes i get too concerned with "trying" to create memories, i forget that everyday and every moment can be filled with love, and that is really the memory i want my children to have! i am so glad i get to be at home with them during these years when they are so young, there is nowhere else i would rather be. there is nothing more important to me and nothing more worthy of my time and dedication, being a mother is my true passion.




No comments: