6.22.2012

DO

I feel like this small word has a lot of power behind it. In adjusting to life with two babies to take care of I have a constant "to do" list, and I feel like I am always thinking, "I have to remember to do that"
It takes effort and thought, but I try really hard to only spend my time doing things that are worth my time.
Something else that I am learning to do is set aside specific time for me to do things for me! There is usually an hour or two in the day when both Trey and Claire are asleep, or sometimes I take advantage of the time when Brock is home and Trey is down for the night. Having this "mommy time" is so nice. I didn't notice that I didn't really have time in the day to think my own thoughts until I took the time and started thinking my own thoughts, verses the "to do" list. I love to sit outside and read and study my scriptures, write letters, or just meditate. I started training for a 10k a couple weeks ago. Oh how I missed running while I was pregnant! When I got home from the first run I am pretty sure I had a smile plastered on my face for an hour- I just love it. I've also taken the time to finish up Claire's room. Sewed some curtains, crafted a few things and yesterday I sanded and primed a dresser (to hopefully paint today!) And a few days ago I got my hair cut!
I know I am a lot more aware and thankful for moments to "recharge" and I think I am getting better at doing things that are more worthwhile, and I hope that by striving to pursue my goals and passions and work on my talents I can teach my children to do the same!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Amy your such an amazing person! Way to make mommy time! And you do such amazing things with that time.