10.14.2011

thank-you

I love these words.
I think there are few greater things then a truly heart-felt thank-you

This past weekend we were surrounded by friends and family. We went to my sister's {and her new husband's} wedding! Went to birthday parties and thanksgiving dinners! It was wonderful! 
As the weekend past my mind was filled with the "lists" of things I am grateful for- love of family, the gospel, our health, education, safety, smiles and laughter, our apartment....I could literally go on, and on, and on...
But as I reflected on all of these things, I realized what I was most grateful for was the feeling of a grateful heart. For the joy that gratitude gives me and how it helps me have an eternal perspective each day.

A scripture that has been in my thoughts a lot lately is Alma 26:37 , "Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."

It is in those moments, when I am filled with gratitude that I feel closest to Heaven. I am so thankful for those moments, and each moment in my life.










No comments: